IIM 5

It's our every other Wednesday here at I Inspire Me and we have a big BIG post to share!


Where should you take your brain for inspiration: Stationary

When should you comment here with your layout link: Within the next 2 Weeks (Aug 20)
* Admin note * If you upload at TWOPEAS be sure to check the "I Inspire Me 5 - Stationary" Member Challenge gallery option in your upload.

What could you win just for playing along: A SCRAP MAGIE Kit!

This kit below in fact! Scrap Magie has a very unique concept: each month they have 2 or more different Guests Designers from around the world. Their kit club offers Inspiration, Step by Step Techniques, weekly Challenges, Columns and more. Plus add-ons, private classes and extra projects each month.



This week we have TWO Guest Features, Sarah Klemish and Aude Touzot!! I *heart* both of these girls because they scrap from their heart and they both take amazing photographs.


Sarah has been on many manufactures design teams in the past but now enjoys a more relaxing pace with just 2 primary gigs; Two Peas in a Bucket and BHG Scrapbooks Etc. Thank you Sarah for joining us this week!! By Sarah:

This striking design of pattern, quadrants & a center banner lent itself to Sarah's style so well. The flourish, butterfly and text all draw your eye in to her cheery photo.


Aude Touzot or "Audephil" as most of you know her by, is another scrapper who's family-focused pages always inspire me. I was lucky enough to get to know Aude 3 years ago on the ScrapMuse message boards. Her candid, full-of-life photos and "embellished/linear" design always speaks to how great a wife & proud mother she is. She's a modest one though! So please send big praises her way and lets turn those French cheeks red, she deserves it! Thank you so much Aude for joining us this week! Your work is lovely!


By Aude:

She was inspired by the graphic outline, cherry detail, font type of this stationary set and interpreted it beautifully to her multi-photo, 12x12 page.



By Donna:


Donna turned a sheet of cork board into a canvas-like piece of wall art by treating it with gesso and green tint. This is a genius idea for these inspiring images and design picked up from a few magazines. Notice how the "weight" of the colors she used in each row lighten as they lengthen. This creates harmony between the all different images.

By Delaney:


Need I explain? Sometimes the best ideas can also be the simplest. Delaney's twist of soft colors must be mentioned though. By choosing papers of the same subtle tones she was able to mix & match many patterns & colors.




By Sasha:
This colorful, multi-tip highlighter would never have guessed it could inspire such a great design! Sasha pulled from it color, shape and even the child-like essence of it's daisy shape to make this dandy-lion digi page for her daughter's photos.


By Cat:


Cat brought the motifs in this notepad to life by hand cutting, then beautifully stitching a border around them. She added texture to the background with stamping and more machine stitched outlines of the same leaf design. Notice how by stamping a pattern on the title letters how much interest it adds. It is an inspiring work that decorates the two men in her life.






By Aimie:


This entire set of stationary notes not only inspired her to use the design, it inspired her to USE them as a minibook for all her beachy, summer photos. Just a few tags and a little paint as "extras" and those note cards are fit for the coffee table to share!







By Vicki:

This "thank you" card provided cool stripes and a slightly retro color combo for Vicki to use as her main background. She spiced it up a little with scallops & flowers as accents. Notice how the main color, blue, "pops" out and moves your eye around the page & to the photo.
By Christine:


These two pieces together inspired Christine's layout. The file folder for the layout's journaling & extra photos, and the notebook for the cover's colors. Seeing the function of the folder and reading all the snippets about her boy being 3 totally inspired me want to get back to the fundamentals and beef up my pages with plenty of pictures & details!






Christine also used the bright colors, book paper and random flowers as ideas to add to this 3 card set.


By Jamie:

Jamie found this stationary by Designer Photo Imaging on Etsy and was inspired by its flourishy style and wanted to mimic the swirls, flowers and gorgeous font.




By Lana:

The three tiers (picture, shelf & desk) of our home office area inspired me to use 3 rectangles for my layout's 3 element (title, journaling & photos). I even broke up the photos into thirds as the desk drawers do to its whole. The off centered lamp is interpreted in the layout as the blue flower. The chipboard letters were originally pink. I knocked off the color with a few swipes of my sanding block then used Marvy Matchables ink to recolor them.



This file folder's cover design inspired the simple, rounded corners of the mat around the picture. I mimicked the pop of yellow with extra lettering and added dimension to the page by putting the photo on pop dots.




By Jill:

Being a teacher Jill receives a lot of thank you notes & cards of appreciation. This one she kept, for it's meaning... and lets face it, its cool design! She arranged her photos and pattern paper in a slender line like the card, but needed a place for her journaling as well. So after handwriting three paragraphs she ancored the text with pop dotted gold stars.



17 comments:

Catherine said...

Wow, I love all the different places of inspiration! GREAT job everyone!

Christine said...

BEAUTIFUL stuff everyone!!! So much inspiration!

Lana said...

I ADORE this post!! Sometimes things just speak to you and this is one of those times to me!! Awesome layouts by everyone!!

Anonymous said...

WHat a great week at IIM! Such great takes on the stationary theme and I'm so glad to see Aude here!!

Anonymous said...

You totally made my French cheeks red with your sweet comments!
Thank you for inviting me over to play with the Big Girls.
Aude

PS: Hi Donna!

Vicki Chrisman said...

Fantastic! All of them! I always have to go back and look a number of times.. so I dont miss a thing!
Great job girls!

~Amie~ said...

WOWZERS~! There is so much eyecandy in this post, my brain just went into overload! Great work everybody! And a special Woot to Sarah, I always love your work :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much Amie! You are a doll and you know I feel the same about your work!

This is such a fun blog and Lana, I will say it again- you are truly one of the nicest people! Thanks again for asking me to be a part of the inspiration challenge this month.

Anastasia said...

Great job everyone! I just love your layouts! So many interesting things you take your inspiration from.
I've tried to make a layout too. Here is my take
http://pe4enyushka.blogspot.com/2008/08/i-inspire-me.html
Hope you enjoy.

Anonymous said...

That was Amazing! I just love the use of color and the diversity of projects! Stationary is one of my favorite vices. Hats off to everyone for very inspirational creations...

Anonymous said...

LOVED all of the projects this week!!!! Total inspiration!! :o)

Anonymous said...

Love all of your stuff ladies! :)

Katie said...

What an awesome blog you have here! Just found it via Delaneys card at 2 Peas. I love what you ALL have done!!

Katie

Angie said...

Beautiful work.
Here is my take on the challenge
http://3littlescraps.blogspot.com/2008/08/todays-second-post.html

jennie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jennie said...

This is my Favorite!
Here is mine
(lets see if the link works this time)

www.schultzpartyoffive.blogspot.com

Thanks!!

rebekahweckerly@gmail.com said...

I may be a little late in posting but here is a link to my bolg where I have my page posted. 2Peas in not working for me right now.

http://rebekahlrobinson.blogspot.com/

Thanks, Girls!!!! LOVE eash and every one of your pages!!